Easy Ways of Learning Key Stage 1 And 2 Literacy
Key stage one and two literacy is very important. Literacy is the subject where children are able to develop their creative and language skills. With these skills children are able to interact with others and engage in conversation with their peers. The subject should be taught via various different methods of teaching such as group work, worksheets and games.
Not only should literacy skills be developed in the classroom, but also should be encouraged at home. Parents can encourage literacy revision to be done at home by creating an appropriate environment for a child to learn in. This can be simple things such as creating basic games to play that relate to the subject topic or making the subject part of everyday life.
Whether done in the classroom or at home, literacy activities can be very beneficial to your child. You may want to try some of the activities listed below:
- Reading books aloud with your child
- Make songs out of stories you have read together
- Encourage children to story tell – this develops their imagination
- Take regular trips to the library
- When shopping for food, ask them to read the shopping list out
- Play games together that encourage literacy